Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Reader Comments

Had a great day today. Went to our local library for a talk by my dear friend and fellow writer, Dave Bellomy. He talked about the Mohave desert and all its flora and fauna. His book, Tude, is about a desert turtle making his way across the desert while having to dodge many man-made caused threats to his life. It was a very informative and well-attended event.

Didn't get a chance to work on The Band today. Poor J.J. is about to get into real trouble and I've left him hanging. I can almost hear him yelling for me to move him along.

Sold another After the War, Before the Peace today. And, I still need to deposit that last royalty check. It is such a good feeling to know that the book is still selling after all these years.

Oh, talked with a friend who just finished reading Hannah. She was upset because of Sunrise, Hannah's horse that was lost in the river. She commented that she kept expecting for the horse to show up alive all the way to the end of the book. It is so surprising to me how each person finds something different in my books. I just love it.

So, tonight I'll close with this little quip from Charles Caleb Colton. "There are three difficulties in authorship: to write anything worth publishing, to find honest men to publish it and to find sensible men to read it."

No comments: