Sunday, April 17, 2011

Invited to do an Interview

A reviewer by the name of Tracy Riva did a wonderful review of 'After the War, Before the Peace'. You can read it under Riva's Bookshelf at www.midwestbookreview.com . Now, she has decided to do a series of interviews with the authors she has reviewed. She has asked me to participate. It will be on her site during the summer. We have to donate a book to be given as a door prize to someone who reviews the interview. I, of course, said I'll do it. As I find out more, I'll post the info. here.

Spent a couple of hours editing 'Mama Played for the King'. I haven't read the whole story for awhile so I'm having fun with it. I actually wrote a whole new scene today. I'm up to 47,000 words so it looks like I might make it to the 50,000 mark which is my goal. I'm really liking the characters of Phillip and Henri.

I talked with Rita tonight who just finished reading 'Hannah'. She loved how it kept going from calm to high tension and back to calm so regularly and felt that it was that hectic pace that kept her wanted to keep reading. She loved the characters and the way she was able to 'feel' them though their words and actions. Who could ask for more.

I'll close tonight with this observation by Edmund Morrison - "Like stones, words are laborious and unforgiving, and the fitting of them together, like the fitting of stones, demands great patience and strength of purpose and particular skill."

No comments: