Friday, April 15, 2011

Blog Radio Date Set

Newoka LaShelle and I made contact again and she has me scheduled for her blog radio show on April 24, 2011 at 11:30 EST. She is always well prepared and conducts an informative interview. I'm so looking forward to it. Hope some of you drop by. I'll have the details on how you do that in a day or so. Been a busy spring with booksignings at the Reader's Oasis Book Store in Quartzsite, AZ, four classes that I presented at this years LHC Spring Frenzy, couple of speaking engagements and writer's meetings. Had some terrible news. My publisher Virtual Tales has closed its doors. I'll have to find a new publisher for Hannah. In January, I signed a three book contract with them for my 'After the War, Before the Peace' series. My editor, June Diehl, is shopping that series to another publisher that she works with. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This writing business certainly has its ups and downs, but I still keep writing. Daily, I read a quote from Isaac Asimov that I have taped to my desk. He advises writers that "you must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist." Ah, if only I did that! My daily mantra is going to be - Submit, Submit, Submit!

No comments: