Saturday, October 24, 2009

Writer Friends

Oct. 24, 2009

Yesterday was a blast. Started out with breakfast with Mike, the moderator of my on-line writer's group FlashXer. He had been doing a photo shoot up in Laughlin and stopped here in Havasu on his way home. His is enjoying being the moderator and being able to inspire and encourage the newbies on the site.

Then it was off to lunch with Jude. She is a friend of a friend and has agreed to 'edit' my first sequel to 'After the War, Before the Peace'. She found ATW,BTP to be a page turner and I liked hearing that. Turns out we are very much alike in our past and in the things we like. I told her that I'm just looking for obvious typos and general impression of the believability of the plot.

Then it was supper with Cindie where we shared our posters. Hers is so professional looking. I also told her about the Nov. 15th book fair in Phoenix. I hope she's interested enough to go. I think it would be a great opportunity for her to get some speaking engagements, which helps to sell books.

Today was my TelecomPioneers bunco day. Had a good turnout and I shamelessly promoted my book and the book signing date of 11/8 at Hastings.

I moved 'Stephen's Boys' forward yesterday, but I'm too mentally exhausted to work on it today. Still talking lots of research time for medical conditions, clothing and ocean conditions. I don't want to get too technical, but I want my reader to feel the scene with accuracy.

Tired tonight, so this is going to be brief. My quote tonight has to do with promoting yourself and your work. "The person who makes a success of living is the one who sees his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. That is dedication." Cecil B. DeMille

No comments: