Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

Oct. 21, 2009

Slow day for writing. But, I did move 'Stephen's Boys' along. One of the main characters is in the process of losing his leg and it makes me sad. It is necessary to the story line, still I feel bad for Josh.

No word on my submissions or any status on the book due out in Jan. I guess no news is good news. I would really love for them to accept 'A Meandering Tale' as so many of my fans of 'After the War, Before the Peace' ask for a continuation of the Farrell family. Also no word from the folks I met at the SSA conference. Good thing I write for pleasure and not for publication. Well, I do write for publication, but my real love is just getting the words on paper, moving the characters along.

Got word from Mike, the moderator on one of my on-line writer's group. He is in Laughlin and will be coming thru Havasu this Friday, so we''re going to have lunch. He's an interesting man and we always have a good time visiting and talking about writing.

Got my Raymond Chandler book 'The Lady in the Lake'. I'm looking forward to reading this old master of mystery. I wasn't crazy about Parker, Spillane or Gardner, but I'm keeping an open mind and have high hopes.

So today I leave you with some thoughts on waiting, "There is no great achievement that is not the result of patient working and waiting." J.G. Holland

No comments: