Thursday, October 15, 2009

Waiting, Marketing and Belief in Self

Oct. 15, 2009

I'm really enjoying the new plot line of 'Stephen's Boys'. Worked on it again today. Doing some research on telegrams sent during the second world war, I came upon an actual copy of a telegram that was sent to notify a family that their son had been killed in action. It was quite moving, very sad. At the end of the telegram the family was asked to not mention the ship their son was assigned to or what base he was posted to as that info could be beneficial to the enemy. I can't even imagine the pain a telegram like that could bring.

I sent a query to one of the publishers that is evaluating one of my novels. They said I should hear from them within 90 days. Oct. 8 was 90 days. They sent me a reply saying it could be up to 120 days. So more waiting.

Had a meeting tonight with three of my Four Goddesses critique group. We are trying to come up with some marketing plans for our books. So far, we've decided we are going to create a poster with outlines of the four of us, a booth at the swap and a web site. It's exciting! On the poster we'll have pictures of the four of us dressed like characters in our novels. Cindie as a spy, JOan as a biker, Lois as a cop/Indian and me as a cowgirl. We'll make the NY Times best seller list yet!!!

So, my quote for today has to do with believing in yourself. "The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen." - Frank Lloyd Wright

No comments: