Sunday, October 11, 2009

Shakespeare and Publicity

Oct. 11, 2009

Shakespeare day! The AZ Shakespeare troupe of four actors put on 'Much Ado About Nothing'. The actors played multiple roles through various changes in headgear and facial props. It was delightful. The actors had a lot of enthusiasm and because the performance was right on the grass over at Rotary Park here in Lake Havasu City. The audience was frequently in the scenes as the actors wandered amidst us. The facial expressions on the actors said as much as their words, so even if you didn't quite understand the verbiage, you knew exactly what was going on. Fun! Fun! Fun!

Didn't get much writing done today. But I did do some research and found out that U.S. planes attacked Japan in Feb. 1945 and that there were many soldiers involved in the invasion of Luzon. So, I now know how Josh and Andy will meet their fates. I like the writing better than the research, but I know it needs to be done.

Talked with Cindie today and she and Doug have come up with some great ideas about publicity by using the '4 Goddesses' theme. I think they're on to something. I still need to get down to see Peter at Hastings about a book signing.

So, I'll leave you tonight with this thought from William Shakespeare. "Our doubts are traitors, And make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt."

No comments: