Monday, October 19, 2009

Research, Support and website updating.

Oct. 19, 2009

So sad. I resigned from two of my writing groups today, FlashXer and DeskDrawer. The moderators said that I would always be welcomed back, so I haven't burnt bridges. I know I'll miss both the prompts and the often clever and intriguing subs from the talented array of writers on both sites.

Moved 'Stephen's Boys' forward. Lots of research about the bombing in the Pacific in 1945. Thank goodness for the Internet.

Talked with Lois today and she said she sold quite a few copies of her book at her Sunday booksigning. Several folks from the local writer's group showed up after I left for lunch with Cindie and Doug.

Still no change on my website. Guess I'll drop Denise a line tomorrow. Also no word from the agents/publishers who requested segments of my unpublished novels when we met at the SSA conference in Tucson. And, so I wait.

I leave you now, with some words that seems to say it all, from the heart of all us Pulizer Prize winners. "Calendars are for careful people, not passionate ones." Chuck Sigars

No comments: