Thursday, October 22, 2009

Parties & Publishing

Oct. 22, 2009

Lots going on today. Moved 'Stephen's boys' ahead. Still had to lots of research on serious leg wounds. Talked with Lois, a nurse, and Dave, a former cop, who talked about the seriousness of an aortal leg wounds. They suggested making it a muscle wound. I haven't mentioned a specific part of the leg as yet, so I'll have to ponder my options.

Had our writer's group Halloween party over at my clubhouse. It was fun. Lots of food, lots of great stories and a funny skit performed by Donna, Vivien, Gaby, Beverly and Vern. Lots of work on all their parts. Margaret made it back to town for the party. She came in disguised and almost no one recognized her.

Talked with Denise tonight about publicizing my work. She gave me lots of advice about how to work Amazon.com. She also introduced me to a new network that gives you access to lots of socializing networks. I'm now an official Tweeter! At least I have an account. Now, if I just knew how to use it. Denise updated my website. Looks good, but I need to do more.

So it's the dang marketing again. I guess Demosthenes said it best. "Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

No comments: