Saturday, October 31, 2009

Waiting-Waiting-And More Waiting

Oct. 31, 2009

Very slow day for writing. About the only thing I did that had anything to do with my writing was my trip to the Bullhead City Smart & Final store to pick up some candy and peanuts for my book signings on 11/5 and 11/8. I think having treats may bring some folks over to at least look and then when they take the peanuts, they get a sticker with a promo for me and my books.

I listened to the full hour of my interview with Newoka. She really does a nice job of leading her interviewees along. She used my website and led me along so I could discuss most aspects of my writing like the books and the classes. My voice didn't sound as bad as I thought it would, a little hoarse, but not bad.

Not a word from any of the contacts I made at the SSA conference, except for Ellen at Champagne acknowledging receipt of 'Regardless'. Still no word on how 'Finding More Than Gold' is moving along. I'm getting a little nervous.

Watched 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' tonight. It's still funny and very clever. I love that actress Zooey Deschanel. She has beautiful eyes.

I guess my theme for the day is waiting, waiting to hear about my submissions, waiting and hoping my new supply of books arrive before my book signings. Waiting-not my strong suit. So, I find I have to agree with Harvard Business Professor Rosabeth Moss Kanter who said, "To stay ahead, you must have your next idea waiting in the wings."

No comments: