Friday, March 14, 2008

Don't-Have-To-Go-Anywhere-Day

As expected, yesterday was a perfect day. Started off with the morning exercise class being cancelled, so more time to work on writing/reading. Yahoo!

Moved Lita along and now have them in Santa Fe. Not sure what kind of trouble they'll get into there, but the Farrells will let me know.

Went over to Dave's. We discussed the problem he's having bringing 'Drift' to a close. He has a scenario he wants to try, but I think it would make the book too long and take away from the dual troubled nature of his main character. He enjoyed my last episode of 'Lita' with the hint of an abduction. I wonder what he'll think when it turns out to be Danny they kidnap, not Sarah. I hope it works for him.

Then it was off to Denny's for my meeting with Lois, JOan and Cindi. Lots of interesting talk and some really good feedback. With mine we got to talking about POV again. Knowing what everyone is doing/saying/thinking works for me. I'm not writing mysteries. We all pretty much agreed that POV shifts don't bother us.

Then today was a total don't-have-to-go-anywhere day. So, spent it cleaning up a short story I'm going to submit to the LHCWG on Saturday and reading all the sub from the group, then critting them. Big batch this time, 15 of them! Some had poetry. Beautiful, but not my thing.

The sad thing is that I didn't get anything submitted to an editor/publisher. Boohoo! And, it don't look good for tomorrow either what with the LHCWG meeting, then Laughlin for Wayne Newton, then Sunday with my brother and his wife go to a buffet lunch to celebrate her birthday.

My daughter called this a.m. We talked for almost an hour. It was wonderful. She is such a strong, capable, smart woman. I hope I live to see the day, she has her epiphany that brings her to realize how dynamic she is. It's hard when you're struggling day in and day out taking care of a family. It is so sad that most of us women don't get our epiphany about our worth until we're in our fifties. How the hell, did I manage to make such a great kid???

No comments: