Sunday, October 22, 2006

Still in Denver

Still in Denver. At least the snow from Friday night is gone. It is beautiful here, but I do so miss my Arizona! Haven't had the time to do much writing the past couple of days and I feel like I'm going through withdrawal. I'm having lunch with a cousin and his wife, that I just recently met, and have a couple of hours to spare before I meet them, then fly home. So, naturally, I've got to write. Turned in a flash story to FlashXer for a prompt about something risque. Speaking of FlashXer, there's quite a discussion going on as to whether a series of flash fictions stories can be turned into a novel. Most FlashXers feel that it can't, but one says empahically no. I think my Hannah turned into a good 'novel' and it started with about a dozen flash stories written to a variety of prompts. Who knows who is right or wrong and does it matter. Each individual reads/writes to their taste and that is certainly a varied commodity. I just finished reading 'The Martian Chronicals' by Ray Bradbury and it seems to me that he created quite a powerful novel out of a series of short stories. Oh, got two more rejections from agents. Oh well, still keeping to my committment to one a day. Maybe they'll get tired of hearing from me and feel pity. Yeah, like that's going to happen. Yeah, it will!!!

No comments: